Breaking News
  • April 15Spring Swing Saturday, April 20, 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
  • April 15School Starts @8:30 No Collaboration, This Monday and Next.
  • April 15CAASPP testing starts on April 15th
  • December 4More stories on Instagram @NUHSmedia
The Official Student Media Site of Nevada Union High School

Goldpan

Goldpan

Goldpan

Tasting Greatness, Hungry for More

Nevada Union’s Playoff Game 11/3

For the first time in 11 years the NU football team made it to the playoffs. In Friday night’s football game, the Nevada Union Miners played against the Kimball Jaguars. Starting off the game strong the NU Miners smoked the Kimball Jaguars gaining a lead 7-0. Some recognizable moments were Bodey Eelkama’s touchdown and Richard Kiser’s quarterback sack.

During the second quarter Jaguar’s scored a touchdown, however the Miners blocked the point after touchdown. Resulting in the Jaguar’s scoring 6 points. Ending second quarter score 7-6 Miner’s. 

In the third quarter the Miners scored a touchdown and made the point after touchdown. There were a total of 3 interceptions in the third quarter, none of them resulted in a touchdown. Ending third quarter score was 14-6 Miner’s. Some special moments were August Davidson’s kicks, and a sack from Bodey Eelkama. 

Miner’s started the fourth quarter strong with a touchdown and made the point after. Now with a 21-6 lead the game seemed just about over. In a massive turn of events the Jaguars scored 2 touchdowns with 1 point after. Resulting in a comeback from 6 to 19 points. When tensions were high and the crowd silent, the Jaguars scored another touchdown. In a miraculous turn of events the Miner’s got the ball back, but nothing came of it. The ending score was 21-25 Jaguar’s.

The Miner’s season ended with quite the battle. Starting off with a strong lead in the first three quarters the night was young and the spirits were high but unfortunately that was lost in the fourth quarter.