Breaking News
  • April 15Spring Swing Saturday, April 20, 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
  • April 15School Starts @8:30 No Collaboration, This Monday and Next.
  • April 15CAASPP testing starts on April 15th
  • December 4More stories on Instagram @NUHSmedia
The Official Student Media Site of Nevada Union High School

Goldpan

Goldpan

Goldpan

Upcoming AP Tests

“No I don’t do AP, it’s too hard for me” Ariel Bitton (10) (Oliver Massam)
“No, I don’t take AP. I just didn’t sign up for any this year, but I’m taking some next year” Bailey Ince (10) (Marilyn Ward)
“I don’t take AP. I want my classes to be easy academically” Naelin Greeley (10) (Marilyn Ward)

With the month of May quickly approaching, students and teachers at Nevada Union High School are preparing for the upcoming AP tests. These tests are important for college applications, as well as determining what courses students can take if accepted. Those that are taking them are starting to feel the pressure. Preparing well for these tests is important if students want to pass, and even more so if they want a high scoring. Here are some examples of how students at NU are getting ready:

“I’m just going to read over all my notes again,” said Lev Weisswasser (10).

“I have been reviewing material on AP classroom and watching some videos that our teacher showed that were helpful,” said Julia Lance (10),  “also reviewing major points in the textbook.” 

Not every student knows the best way to go about preparing for a test as difficult as an AP, but the teachers know what they’re doing. 

Christopher Buti, AP Environmental Science teacher, gives advice for those taking the APES test: “Read over the document, study all of the review packets and vocabulary together and it will serve as a solid course review document. Practice a few Free Response Questions and go over the ‘Do’s and Don’ts of FRQ’s’.” 

When asked how students should prepare for an AP test, Molly Starr, AP U.S History teacher said: “Having a plan and studying a bit each day is very helpful.”

From Calculus to World History to Drawing and Painting, there are many AP courses at NU that students can take. And if a student passes an AP test, they can gain several advantages such as earning college credit, boosting their GPA, saving money, and more. 

For me, AP World has been an amazing class,” commented Isabell Colbert (10), “even though the course is rigorous, and sometimes boring, it has expanded my view of the world. I can see this class being a useful tool later on.”