Breaking News
  • May 16Scan QR Codes Around NU to Buy Yearbook
  • December 4More stories on Instagram @NUHSmedia
The Official Student Media Site of Nevada Union High School

Goldpan

Goldpan

Goldpan

Building up to Graduation

A Background on Planning Graduation

Did you know that Graduation planning starts right as the school year starts? To start, the school has to plan their budget and start to set aside money for the ceremony, but there’s still more to do. 

“We used SRC for the chairs,” says Mrs. Rhoden, “We’re going to bring in porta potties, and we hired a sound crew so that everyone will be able to hear the ceremony from their seats.” The Nevada Union Choir and band will also be performing during the ceremony.  

There are many people involved in a Nevada Union Graduation ceremony. Mrs. Rhoden’s assistants make sure that everyone gets their caps and gowns. Maintenance sets up the stage for the graduates. Mr. Browning puts together a safety plan so that if anything were to happen, everyone would be able to evacuate safely. There will also be ambulances and police officers for the safety of everyone there. 

There will be a place to get water. The tickets for graduation are free but guests cannot bring in any bags. Only the things people can carry will be allowed to be brought in for safety reasons, However water will be provided. You are allowed to bring chairs if you don’t want to sit in the stands.

The school invites all the board members and the agencies who helped plan graduation. All the teachers are invited to be a part of the ceremony and will also be in caps and gowns.

The seniors will rehearse on Friday morning June 7th after senior breakfast. The graduates get to pick three friends to walk in and sit with for the ceremony. They also decide if they want to sit on the home or away side. Mrs. Rhoden says, “Graduation is a special time for all of the graduates and the community.”