Breaking News
  • April 15Spring Swing Saturday, April 20, 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
  • April 15School Starts @8:30 No Collaboration, This Monday and Next.
  • April 15CAASPP testing starts on April 15th
  • December 4More stories on Instagram @NUHSmedia
The Official Student Media Site of Nevada Union High School

Goldpan

Goldpan

Goldpan

Why Do We Have a Minimum Day On Wednesday March 20th?

On March 20th Nevada Joint Union High School District will have a minimum day, with release time being at 12:50 pm.

According to Principal Kelly Rhoden and the NJUHSD district office, the minimum day on March 20th is due to a teacher contract day, set aside for union meetings.

“The teacher’s union is allowed two minimum days to put into the calendar,” said Mrs. Rhoden, “one first semester, one second semester. And then they kind of get together and figure out which days are gonna work… usually it’s around when negotiations are taking place because they have to get the poll from their association to determine what they’re negotiating….”

According to Mrs. Rhoden the board meeting, which was on March 13th is not directly related to us having a minimum day, but sometimes meetings are scheduled close to board meetings in order to support staff who may have gotten their positions cut during the board meeting.

Calendar: https://nevadaunion.njuhsd.com/NU-News/-NU-Monthly-Calendar/index.html