Breaking News
  • April 15Spring Swing Saturday, April 20, 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
  • April 15School Starts @8:30 No Collaboration, This Monday and Next.
  • April 15CAASPP testing starts on April 15th
  • December 4More stories on Instagram @NUHSmedia
The Official Student Media Site of Nevada Union High School

Goldpan

Goldpan

Goldpan

Valentines Day on a Budget

Valentines Day on a Budget

Everyone wants to impress their significant other on valentines day but sometimes we are short on time and money… well fear no more because here are some of the best quick easy and cheap valentines day gifts that will make that special someone feel loved, and appreciated.

Everyone knows that flowers make that special person happy on valentines day, but store bought flowers are expensive and possibly sold out… so this year try picking some flowers from around your yard or in a park, and tying them with a string or ribbon.

Another great gift to make your significant other smile is a card made by you. A quick easy way to make a card is to take three colors of  paper, pink, red, and purple and a glue stick. Then you cut the paper into three different sized hearts, and glue the smallest heart in the center of the medium sized heart and the medium sized one in the center of the biggest heart. After the glue dries you can write a special note to that special someone to show them how much you care.

You can also make them a homemade meal or treat. If you want to be romantic, what better food to make then spaghetti, a dish that transports you to Italy (Recipe). Or you could make a sweet treat like Nevada Union Culinary’s own Blondies (Recipe) to show that special person how sweet they are.

Whatever you choose to do, I’m sure that special someone will feel how special they are to you.