Breaking News
  • April 15Spring Swing Saturday, April 20, 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
  • April 15School Starts @8:30 No Collaboration, This Monday and Next.
  • April 15CAASPP testing starts on April 15th
  • December 4More stories on Instagram @NUHSmedia
The Official Student Media Site of Nevada Union High School

Goldpan

Goldpan

Goldpan

The Best Ways to Celebrate Thanksgiving

The Best Ways to Celebrate Thanksgiving

With Halloween behind us and the season of Fall coming to an end, the students and staff of NU are looking forward to Thanksgiving and all the great things that come with it. There are so many things you can do on this holiday, from eating lots of food, to spending meaningful time with family. You could also participate  in the annual Turkey Trot, watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade, and so much more. There are so many  ways to celebrate! The important question is, what is the best way to spend Thanksgiving?

By asking around campus, I have found the most popular way to celebrate is eating food.

Keira Barber (10) said, “I like to eat mashed potatoes.”

When asked what is the best thing about Thanksgiving, everyone included food in their answer. This really shows how important food is during this holiday.. But food isn’t what makes Thanksgiving so special, we eat food every day!

Cassia Dunham (10) said,“My favorite Thanksgiving tradition is taking a treat, usually a pie, to the firefighters.” Dunham really captures the feeling of Thanksgiving in her quote by showing how the holiday isn’t just about eating food, but doing meaningful things for others to celebrate the season of giving. On this holiday, people remember all the things in their life they are grateful for, and express that thankfulness by celebrating with family and friends and showing their gratitude and kindness to others. 

Lucy Maddock (10) said, “My favorite thing to do for Thanksgiving is spend time with family, eat food, and enjoy the good time that we share.”

It seems that no matter what makes Thanksgiving special, the students and staff of NU celebrate what they are thankful for. Even if it means they are just thankful for the food.